About Me

My photo
I love music, being creative, cooking, reading, and, most of all, spending time with my husband. This blog is a mess. I jump around from topic to topic, but hey...this is my life...a beautiful mess.

Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Journey Toward Less Pain

At the first of the year James and I decided to start working out more.  Partially because we just NEEDED TO, but mostly because we are wanting to have kids at some point soon.  With the pain I deal with on a daily basis I'm honestly scared to go through a pregnancy.  I have seen perfectly healthy women go through pregnancy and have so much back pain that I feel like one of two things will be true for me.  1.  It'll be no different than the pain I have now.  Or 2.  It'll be unbearable for 9 months.....I don't know that I can handle the second possibility.

So, that being said James and I want to both be in the best physical shape possible before pregnancy so that I'll be strong and able to handle the pregnancy as well as possible.

We joined Planet Fitness, which is saying a lot, because I hate their commercials.  I feel like they're trying to be so accepting that they're shunning a large group of the fitness community...the so called "lunks."   But it's a cheap gym membership so we did it.  As it turns out I love the place! They are a gym with all the frills.  For $20 a month we get to use the gym equipment, enjoy the really nice locker rooms with clean showers and changing rooms.  They have circuit rooms that make it easy to get in a really good 30 min workout while going at your own pace.  Best of all, and my very very favorite thing about our membership is that with the membership we get unlimited tanning, chair massage, and ****hydro massage***.  I've never been a fan of going to the gym.  I've made it fun for myself, I've gone with others, and that helps, but knowing I get a massage at the end of the workout makes me SOOO ready to go to the gym at the end of the day.

Some goals?  Besides weight loss, I want to be stronger, I want to feel better, and try to get away from being in some sort of pain every day.  I want to work on what I call the "Shame factor" that comes with weight loss.  I'll discuss those as time goes a long.  I think I'll also post recipes if I can as I go.  Just healthy things that I find here and there, as well as encouragement and downfalls I run into.
Well....here starts the journey.  Thanks for reading!!  - Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment