About Me

My photo
I love music, being creative, cooking, reading, and, most of all, spending time with my husband. This blog is a mess. I jump around from topic to topic, but hey...this is my life...a beautiful mess.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Guacamole Dip

I love getting together with friends.  I love seeing them, their kiddos, talking, playing Mario Kart, watching movies, and playing board games.  One of the other things we like to do is eat good food!!!

Last night we were joining some friends for dinner so I offered to bring guacamole dip.  I love guacamole.  I could eat it til I was sick.  I actually messed up my regular recipe last night and had to fix it...and amazingly it turned out better than normal.


Guacamole Dip

6 Avocados Cubed
9 Roma Tomatos Large Chop
1/2 Red Onion Small Chop
2 Tblspns Lime Juice
4 Tblspns Chopped Cilantro
1 Tblspn Sugar
8 oz. Block of Cream Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

I chop the onions and cilantro and put them in a separate bowl with the salt, pepper and lime juice.  I think this wilts the onions some and keeps them from being so bitter and overpowering in the dip.

Chop the tomatoes and Avocados up and put them in a bowl and mix lightly with an electric mixer.  Add the wilted onion mixture and stir again.  Then add the softened cream cheese and mix well. The more you mix the smoother the dip will be.

I prefer my guac a little chunky so I kept out two of the chopped tomatoes and folded them in at the end.  Also use your seasonings to taste including the lime juice and cilantro.  I like lots of cilantro.  And never....NEVER skimp on the pepper.


Hope you enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment